May 7, 2010

MOTHER, I LOVE YOU MOTHER, I DO Circ. 1984

"Mother I love you Mother I do. Father in Heaven has sent me to you
When I am near you, I love to hear you, singing so softly that you love me too."

Mom, you used to sing primary songs on the way home from church when me & Travis were fighting in the back seat. You should have jerked the car off the road and made us get out and walk :) Thank you for singing instead. I will always love the primary songs.


Since You are the same age as me in this photo , I am the same age as Chloe is right now- 1984 Kinda puts things in perspective. You always say "I would have had 5 more kids if I looked like you before and after you are pregnant"... Gee Mom, it looks like in this picture you have a 26" inch waist. I think we always remember things differently than they really were. I remember holding your hand, I think of that whenever Chloe holds mine when we are walking into a store



Matching homemade Nightgowns- totally cool! Way before Matching Hannah Andersson's Nightgowns came out. Love it.


First day of school. I am such a poser! Even when I was 8! I remember this outfit. What's crazy is , these colored jeans are back in style 1984. I can tell it's the first day back to school in Sept. because we are tan from being outside all summer. I also remember those "thongs" you are wearing they were hawaiian print. Once again, something Chloe does tries my shoes on in my closet. Your closet had rows of shoe boxes on the top shelf and you usually had labeled in marker what color & style. On Sundays you had a few pair of heels that had matching purses and you would change your purse out to match your shoes. A pattened red and black one stands out.

Love you Momma! Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Southwick Family said...

Whit... I love this post. Your mom really is amazing. I had to do a double take when I saw that first photo. It looks so much like you and Chloe! It is fun to see pics of you when you were 8, because this is about the first time that I remember you. You still have such beautiful hair. i know that someday, Chloe will be saying the same wonderful things about her mama!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck you look like Chloe!!!