April 28, 2010

Annual APRIL Post




I realized today that April is almost over and I haven't posted my tribute to La France (Usually titled APRIL in PARIS) It makes me appreciate how much can happen in a years time. So Voila! Happy Spring in Aix en Provence!


Instead of posting la french valse music typically heard on movies that we all associate with Paris like Frank Sinatra singing "I love Paris" or Ella Fitzgerald. I picked a REALISTIC artist called A.R. Rahman heard typically in Marseille. Where arabic influence is very heavy. The Sunny South of France is VERY different from the rainy North in many ways. We love the South, particularly Provence and the Riviera. The heart of Marseille isn't so bad from time to time when you need your middle east fix. And somedays I miss 2 friends called Fadila and Rabaha and a little cous cous.

1 comment:

BrookeHoopes said...

Love it! I miss them too. They were such pure hearted women.