Needless to say, I got right to work designing a salon day so I could give all my attention to my little girl. Because after all - she is still little. I got an email about how an 8 year old daughter thinks her mom is cool and knows everything. By the time she turns 13 they think "my mom doesn't know anything"! Knowing this to be true, we washed hair, painted toes and put her hello kitty nails on that she got with Michaela her cousin a year ago! I hope I am cool for just a little while longer.
May 26, 2010
Makeshift Salon
For activity days (2 x a month the girls ages 8 to 12) Chloe made me a card. It said a little something like this: Mom we used to do stuff together all the time, you don't have time anymore, but one day we will . So see ya bye!
Needless to say, I got right to work designing a salon day so I could give all my attention to my little girl. Because after all - she is still little. I got an email about how an 8 year old daughter thinks her mom is cool and knows everything. By the time she turns 13 they think "my mom doesn't know anything"! Knowing this to be true, we washed hair, painted toes and put her hello kitty nails on that she got with Michaela her cousin a year ago! I hope I am cool for just a little while longer.
Needless to say, I got right to work designing a salon day so I could give all my attention to my little girl. Because after all - she is still little. I got an email about how an 8 year old daughter thinks her mom is cool and knows everything. By the time she turns 13 they think "my mom doesn't know anything"! Knowing this to be true, we washed hair, painted toes and put her hello kitty nails on that she got with Michaela her cousin a year ago! I hope I am cool for just a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:) Good for you, Whitney. Kayla is probably the only one who notices the "lack" of mom's attention. The others never got enough to begin with! When Kayla was little, every day was story time, art time, go to the park time. We went to McDonald's once a week when she was little. Yuck. I can barely go there twice a year now. My poor younger kids, they don't even know they're missing out.
Post a Comment