November 9, 2008

Our house in Provence~ Someone pinch me please







Voila! Bonjour! Sur le balcon!


2, Rue Jeannin
Martigues







Here at the gate of the Villa "Beautiful Fountain= Belle Font" amoungst acres of rolling vineyards















Outdoor Kitchen where we learned so much from Monique and watching Henry faire le cuisine!

















How could we have imagined a villa such as this? In the heart of Provence, hosted by the Immpecable ever so Generous Salemme Family. My dear friend Henry of 11 years now (my most loyal pen-pal) graciously recieved myself and 2 friends at his two homes. One in Martigues 20 minutes from Marseille (it's the 200 year old 3 story narrow maison with the shiny green shutters) and the other in the petit village above Aix en Provence Called Rognes (the villa covered in ivy with the pool) I don't know where to begin to thank this wonderful man . He treated us like Princesses and made our sejour completely UNFORGETABLE. Just like he hoped for.




Myself and all of my family thank him for his loving kindness. My husband knew I was well cared for and safe in his peaceful home. Henry smoothed over a rather rocky situation between the person who I initially ventured 5,000 miles across the ocean to support in a religous engagement (LDS Temple in Switzerland) who was unpleasant (to say the least). Je ne sais pas What Happened? None the less, we lavished and savored every moment we could spend here at Chez-Henry and Ours.










OUR PRIVATE STUDIO





















2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Wow, I love these pictures - they definately take me back! What a beautiful part of France...
Very fun Whitney: Thanks for the great read! Welcome home!

Andrea said...

I want to hear ALL about it! What fun! I am SOOOoooo jealous.