My sister just gave birth on Thursday, November 12th at 6:39 pm in 60 minutes flat! They are thinking of calling him "Lightening!"
So here are my scratch notes of how her day was- Mind you she lives in Utah County (Orem) so we did most of this by phone calls and texting
The morning he was born She had a Dr.'s (39 week) appointment at 10 am- Exam conclusion 4.5cm dilated and 100% effaced. Think that's crazy? She was walking around that way for 2 weeks. This is how we do labor. The Dr. tells us "oh, you won't go another week, I'll be really suprised if we see you next week". . . So we leave the office thinking Okay this is going to happen any second! Wrong! Our body prepares over a number of days of cramping and low pelvic pressure. In her case, she had been very very very patient and they decided to strip her membranes. Her baby was at 0 station.
She called me throughout the day as she shopped ALL DAY! She's nuts! Leave it to my mother "who we call Marathon Shopper Woman". At about 2 pm she said I feel like this baby would shoot out of me if they broke my water. Yeah, pretty much, it would. I told her to go home and rest for heaven's sake!
4:03 They called me from a shoppe in American Fork where the Hospital is located and wanted to know if I wanted a blessing outfit for our new baby. She was fine. Having a lot of low pressure but still shopping! Okay Kendon was born in an hour too but I wasn't out shopping an hour before. I was home in my bathtub for 2 hours and then went to the hospital.
5:30 I get a text from my mom saying they just got to the hospital , her cramps were getting stronger. They checked her and she was 6cm and getting the shakes. I sent back a text telling her I loved her, she was going to do awesome and I was turning OFF my phone. Time to concentrate now!
6:20 My brother in law called and said She was already 8 cm and wanted some pain relief- "Too late now" I said. It's gonna be over. I sat down my phone and prayed "they'll never get it in in time...."
6:39 Her water broke onto the Dr.'s lap (of course typical scenerio just as he barely got into the room to sit down) as she pushed her baby out. 6 lbs 15 oz Tiny little thing!
Way to go Don! You did it! We still haven't had time to talk about it from her perspective. I'm sure she'll say it was fine. Her husband said ha ha!! "Well that was easy, maybe we should have another one!" Look out- Be careful what you say ; that just might be the case!
2 comments:
Wonderful..THAT is the way to do it. Good for her.
amazing!!!!
Post a Comment