
November 20, 2009
Shout out to my midwife!
This post is LOOOOOOONG overdue........... I started to write this back in November. This is Laura my midwife and she ROCKS! I don't even know where to start when I talk about her. Since giving birth I MISS HER immensely. It's like part of my life has walked away but I know she is still there whenever I want to call her. I can't even describe how much I learned from her. All the books she shared with me, childrens remedies, church history, spiritual midwifery, tinctures, nutrition, family living, emotional healing. You taught by experience. Story after story. She truly is a remarkable woman. One that knows the art of so many things that [hopefully not] will one day be lost. What she does at home is a lost art. I have to remember that just because I have had the baby now that I will still need her when my children are sick, I get burned on the stove ouch! [Now I know what to use for that] or any concern I have with the baby. She is an encyclopedia of information on natural and holistic care. I am so thankful to have been led to her, which in itself was by the hand of God. The care and attention I recieved over this pregnancy, birth and postpardum has surpassed any medical care I have ever been given. She was a mother[of 13 of her own], the midwife, a confident, dr., pharmacist, nicu nurse, pediatrician, and lactation specialist all at once. The phone calls late at night or early in the morning didn't bother her. Her voice was always filled with joy "Whitney, How you Doing?" She loves what she does and it emmulates. The spiritual journey I went on with you, connecting and trusting this baby more than ANYTHING, I will NEVER take FOR GRANTED. Thank You! I know that having kept this Baby in charge more than anything will help me in my future with other women wherever this road is taking me. I could go on and on. But the main thing is GRATITUDE. She taught me if I can be grateful for all the good and the bad things that happen in my life then I will be HAPPY. I LOVE YOU LAURA. I hope the Lord allows you to be amoungst us for many more years. Your physical heart may be weak but like you say there is always more room for Love within it. I can't begin to imagine how many blessings await you for helping Heavenly Father bring so many of his special children into the World. When I met you on the phone we both knew there was something special. You said "oh, I am excited to meet you, I can just tell you are one of my sister friends that I get to help. " From the time you clanked through my front door with all your bags the first time I met you to When you walked away from my doorstep after my last postpardum visitI turned to Dave and we held each other tight. Our Circle was complete. I will never forget you!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello! Beautiful birth picture. I used the same pool with my last birth and probably will for this next one :-) A friend of mine sent me a link to your blog with the shout out to your midwife because I guess she's around here somewhere in SE Idaho. I hadn't heard of her. Would you mind telling me about more about her? I told my friend that she sounds like the midwife I've always dreamed of! E-mail me if you like at shannonlovesrob@gmail.com Thank you!!!
Post a Comment