June 7, 2009

Volkswagen or bust!

Dave belongs to a group called VESI- Volkswagen Enthusiats of Southeast Idaho- They went on thier annual 60 mile cruise Poky (buckskin loop) to McCammon. The Ghia is drivin great, Dave takes good of care it. There were quite a few admirers. Here's a pic he took at Inkom of some of the classics

This is a nice easy drive, green and scenic. The guy in the orange
bus was our old neighbor on Maple street




We decided next time, I need to drive my gold bug, someone else drive the '66
grey one (which I call the nazi and wouldn't be crushed if Dave sold it, but it's worth too much now) and Tina can drive the '76 white convertible. We would have 4 VW's to cruise, not to mention the 2 passat's, jetta and GTI Golf in the fam!






4 comments:

Melissa Fisher said...

Dave probably would have killed to have my 1980 volkswagon Rabbit that I was horrified to drive in highschool! I guess it probably isn't quite considered an antique or anything, but I thought it was:)

Joe and Joanne said...

Whit, that's seriously fun! Love the pics!

Andrea said...

My brother is restoring (and rebuilding) a Karmann Ghia - I have always wanted one, and am so jealous. We grew up with Volkswagens. I remember my dad being so mad (he still is if you bring it up) when a guy in our ward dumped an entire dump truck full of fire wood ON TOP of our 1955 beetle that he bought in college. My other brother went through at least four beetles in college, buying them, souping them up, and selling them. So cute! I feel right at home every time I hear your husband drive by - that Volkswagen buzzing sound reminds me of my childhood.

Now that I just wrote a novel about Volkswagen, my goodness.

Anonymous said...

Looks so much fun! Tell Dave nice work on that car..it looks amazing!