Sorry for the over-due post.... The baby is a perfect Angel, and not just because Great Grandma and Grandpa say so. This baby really is, even though they said the last 3 were perfect Angels too. No colic, no gas, no constipation, no screaming in pain, no cutting out my favorite foods- I have my beliefs of why and how this could be. Perhaps the fresh habanero cayene pepper extracted according to lunar calendar :) in capsules I took while he was in utero? Dave and I would joke this baby is going to be Mexican with tons of black hair! His hair isn't jet black but it seems that dark chocolate, scallops, onions and broccoli don't phase him except he lets off sulfur air to knock you over(Sweet sweet baby boy I love you however bad you smell...)Bottom line: I am Just thankful he is so content in this crazy household & quite ironically I am too.
Looks like I will get my "voice" back soon; blogging, writing, creating...... As for right now, I'm making slideshows, preparing for a baby blessing and baptisms. I was called to be the Music Leader in R.S. (yes me! the one who can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I've been told anyone can sing the Hymns with the Lord's help!)
I will use another mothers voice today: I recommmend a great book which I will pass on to my sisters as soon as I close it's pages ( it's only 250) The Editor Kaythryn > Soper is the mother of 7 children who released the book I am speaking of called "the mother in me - Real Reflections on growing into motherhood" written by "everyday"moms. You can also check out writings on the website www.segullah.org . It is really great stuff!
For all my nursing mama's , you will relate to this poem
Blood & Milk
Sharlee Mullins Glenn
(adapted by Whitney)
I dream of Bandol....
(South of France, warm Riviera sun on my face, soft sand, mediteranien sea air, my solitary self , newlywed. Tuesday market, baguettes, fresh produce in hand)
Then awakened to the Laundry
and things to be wiped
(countertops, noses, bottoms)
When did this happen?
Time flows, it flows, it flows
and there are choices to be made:
left or right side?
paper or plastic?
blood or milk?
There's freedom in the bleeding;
bondage in the milk- do not be decieved
Ah, but it's an empty freedom; a holy bondage-
A sweet and holy bondage.
Four times I chose the chains, those tender chains,
and checked the crimson flow.
Suckled while dreaming of Riviera Sun
but awakened, always awakened, to the laundry
and to that small and cherished captor at my breast.
No comments:
Post a Comment