July 28, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb PIE @ Neighborhood Girls Night Out

Yummmmmm.......
I am so proud of this post- to show off my first ever from scratch homemade PIE!Angie showing me how to make the pretty edges

We have a neighborhood craft night once a month with the girls~
This month Angie Oliver showed us how to make homemade pie
(that is her very own zebra she shot in Africa hanging on the wall)

It was fun Ladies!


My Grandma Gaved has been making strawberry rhubarb pie ever since I can remember. I love the sour and the sweet. I am so happy it turned out! It was suprisingly SO easy!

Look at those beautiful edges! :) Stop laughing Jen Merrill!


VOILA! Bon Appetite!

So the secret to her crust is brushing it with milk and a little sugar







1 comment:

Andrea said...

That was the best pie crust I've ever had. I have been toying with the idea of making another pie this week - just need to get to the grocery store for some ingredients. Maybe I'll try strawberry rhubarb - that looked so good!

More info to come (hopefully today) on next month's "girl's DAY out."